Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day.
A meal with fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, and a buttery buttermilk pancake sounds just perfect.
Syrup is good, but I love eating pancakes with fruit. Blueberries are one of my favorites to mix into pancakes. They explode in the cooking process and make pockets of sweet berry goodness — so yummy! A warm bite of pancake with blueberries popping in your mouth is such a nice breakfast. This post contains affiliate links.
A pancake in a mug is a super quick way for breakfast when you’ve just got a microwave and a box of complete pancake mix. Heck, it’s good as a snack in the middle of the day, or as a quick meal when you’re just too tired to even think about dinner.
Use a COMPLETE pancake mix
The easiest way to make pancakes in the microwave is using a pancake mix that says “Complete.” That way all you need to do is add water (or milk) to make the batter. My personal favorite is Aunt Jemima Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix for a couple of reasons
- It has a great flavor. The pancakes made from this mix with just water taste just like homemade buttermilk pancakes to me.
- It doesn’t have ANY eggs in the mix, so if you have an egg allergy you can still eat this one!
How do you make a pancake in a mug?
To make a pancake mix in a mug, just add equal parts mix and water.
- 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup water
What kind of fruit can you mix into a pancake in a mug?
The best part about making a pancake in a mug is you can add all kinds of fruits to it. And, they don’t have to be fresh fruit. You can add:
- fresh fruit – bananas, cherries, ripened pear, etc.
- fresh berries – blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries
- fruit cup – drain first, and add a peach fruit cup or pear fruit cup, or even mixed fruit
- canned fruit – canned apricots, peaches, pears, or even pie filling
- dried fruits – chopped dried apricots, dried cranberries, blueberries, etc.
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
- How to Boil Eggs in the Microwave
- Easy Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
- How to Cook Crispy Bacon in the Microwave
- Microwave Migas in a Mug
In just 2 minutes you can be eating a delicious breakfast of a fruit-filled pancake in a mug.
- 1/2 cup Complete Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup water (or milk)
- a handful of fruit - berries, canned peaches, etc.
- Combine the pancake mix and water in a 12 oz mug until completely mixed.
- Add a handful of fruit such as 1/4 cup berries, chopped dried apricots, or even canned peaches, etc.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
- Eat it just as is or add a pat of butter and a little drizzle of syrup.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 795mg Carbohydrates: 106g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 52g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g