We’ve got a few ways to make eggs in the microwave – scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, and even migas in a mug. But, do you know what goes great with eggs? Bacon! Let’s cook Crispy Bacon in the Microwave! You won’t believe how easy it is!
How do you cook crispy bacon in the microwave?
You will need the bacon, some paper towels, and a plate. That’s it! There are devices made to cook bacon in the microwave. Here’s a few to check out:
First, lay out 3-4 paper towels flat and stacked on top of each other on the counter. Then, lay out your bacon across the paper towels. Make sure to space the bacon out so it doesn’t touch. I usually do between 5 and 6 pieces at a time.
Next, lay two paper towels on top of the bacon. Put in the microwave and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Remove the whole thing from the microwave and set it on a plate. Remove the top paper towel and then remove the bacon from the bottom paper towels. They might stick, but you should be able to carefully peel the bacon from the paper towels.
Then it’s time to eat!
How do you cook thick bacon in the microwave?
It works the exact same way, though you may need an extra minute or two to get it done. Just lift the top paper towels and look to see if the bacon is done or if the meat still looks uncooked.
How do you cook bacon in the microwave so it’s not so crispy?
I could not figure this one out. When I cooked the bacon to 4-5 minutes, it came out a little soft and not crispy. But, as it cooled off, it immediately became crispy bacon. I would not recommend cooking it less as you don’t want to eat uncooked bacon.
What can you do with leftover microwave bacon?
There’s a few things you can do if you have leftover bacon.
- I put mine in a ziplock bag and stored it in the fridge and then when I wanted to eat it, I just reheated a piece for about 20-30 seconds at a time. It makes a great low carb snack.
- You can also crumble the bacon and store it in the fridge for a few days to mix it into other recipes. Crumbled bacon is wonderful on salads and as a topping for other foods. You could mix it into your Scrambled Eggs or Migas.
Make crispy bacon in the microwave every time with this fail proof method!
- slices of uncooked bacon
- Lay down three sheets of paper towels stacked on top of each other.
- Lay out the slices of bacon on the paper towels so they are not touching.
- Cover with two more paper towels.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove from microwave.
- Transfer bacon to a plate and serve.
- Store leftover bacon in ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.