Raise your hand if you love southern style biscuits? I just love biscuits. But, when you don’t have an oven, how could you possibly make biscuits? Let me tell you.. You can make Drop Biscuits in the Microwave!
You will not believe how easy this is, and how great they taste.
What do you need to make drop biscuits in the microwave?
You need a box mix of Jiffy biscuit mix and some water. That is it! One box will make about 6 biscuits.
You can substitute any other complete biscuit mix that just requires water, and you should get the exact same results.
How do you make drop biscuits in the microwave?
I pour the mix into a bowl and then make a well for the water. Once I’ve added the water, I just mix it up until it’s all completely combined. The dough will be sticky, but that’s okay.
When making drop biscuits, you’ll usually just drop them by the spoonful right onto the cookie sheet, but we don’t have one of those. So, we are going to use cupcake liners.
Just eyeball it and take a glob of the biscuit dough and fill the cupcake liner about 2/3 full. Don’t overfill because these do expand in the microwave.
Next, we microwave them! I put mine on a plate, but you can put the cupcake liners right in the microwave if needed.
- For 2-3 biscuits microwave on high for 1 min.
- For 4 biscuits microwave on high for 1-1/2 min.
- For 6 biscuits microwave on high for 2 min.
The biscuits will not brown at all; they will be all white. But, they will be nice and fluffy.
Eat ’em while they’re hot!
One thing I have noticed while eating microwave biscuits is that they will get a little chewy as they get cold. They taste amazing just fresh out of the microwave, so make sure to eat them fresh and hot.
I would recommend making all the other things you’re going to eat with them before you make the biscuits.
What do you eat with drop biscuits?
So many things! Here’s a few ideas:
- Sausage Biscuits with sausage patties in the microwave.
- Bacon Cheese Biscuits with a slice of cheese and bacon slices.
- A Big Breakfast with fluffy scrambled eggs and bacon.
- Crumbled over chicken soup.
- Crumbled over beef stew.
- My favorite way – slathered in butter and jam (or honey).
What can you add to drop biscuits?
You might want to spice those drop biscuits up a bit and not just eat plain biscuits. Well, my friends, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a few ideas to add to the biscuit dough before cooking them:
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits: Add shredded cheddar cheese and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Cheesy Bacon Biscuits: Add shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and a shake or two of dried chives.
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits: Add dried cranberries and the zest of an orange.
More Recipes You’ll Like:
- 1 package of Jiffy Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine water and biscuit mix until it forms a sticky dough.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3rd full with dough.
- Microwave for 1 minute for 2 biscuits,1 1/2 minutes for 4 biscuits, or 2 minutes for 6 biscuits.
- Eat immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 256mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.