Looking for a quick and irresistibly cheesy breakfast dish for a hearty breakfast? Try making this single serving of Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole for the microwave! It’s packed with shredded hashbrowns, chopped ham, cheese, eggs and more. This delightful casserole is a comfort food classic that can be prepared in a flash.
Get ready to indulge in a warm, gooey, and utterly delicious experience that can be whipped up in no time, thanks to the convenience of your microwave!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Frozen Shredded Hashbrowns
- Chopped Ham
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion
- Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt
How do you make Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole?
In a microwave-safe bowl or mug, add the frozen hashbrowns and heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Mix the chopped ham, 1 tablespoon of the cheddar cheese, the green onions, and sour cream into the hashbrowns.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg and mix into the hashbrown mixture.
Top with the rest of the cheese.
Heat for 45 to 75 seconds, until the egg looks done.
Switch out the chopped ham for crumbled bacon or crumbled breakfast sausage.
Switch out the shredded hashbrowns for O’Brien hashbrowns (with onions and peppers in it)
Can you make this ahead of time?
Yes you can. Just keep it in the fridge and heat it up when you’re ready to eat fo r30 to 45 seconds.
How do you store leftovers?
Keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Microwave Breakfast Ideas
- Healthy High Protein Banana Baked Oatmeal in the Microwave
- How to make a Microwave Frittata
- How to Make Microwave Poached Eggs
- Microwave Huevos Rancheros
- How to make French Toast Casserole in a Mug
- Microwave Migas in a Mug
- How to Cook Crispy Bacon in the Microwave
- Easy Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
- 1 cup shredded hashbrowns
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese (or colby cheese)
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or Greek yogurt
- In a microwave-safe bowl or mug, add the frozen hashbrowns and heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Mix the chopped ham and half the cheddar cheese into the hashbrowns.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and mix into the hashbrown mixture.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Heat for 45 to 75 seconds, until the egg looks done.
- Top with sour cream and chopped green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 906Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 1712mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 36g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.