Have you ever heard of King Ranch Chicken Casserole? Rumor has it that it’s a TexMex version of Chicken ala King. This particular recipe will make you a single serving when you just need a meal for one.
I’ve also read how King Ranch Chicken is a staple at every Texas potluck. As someone who was born and raised and have lived for 40-something years in Texas, I can’t remember ever seeing it at a potluck.
However, this particular recipe I’m going to share with you, it’s perfect for a quick hearty meal to make yourself when you don’t want to cook. It’s a delicious little casserole for just one person.
Ingredients to make King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- canned chicken
- a corn tortilla (or crushed tortilla chips)
- alfredo sauce
- chili powder
- shredded cheese – cheddar, colby jack, colby
How do you make a Single Serving of King Ranch Chicken Casserole?
Tear the corn tortilla into small pieces.
In a microwave-safe bowl add the tortilla pieces, salsa, alfredo sauce, chicken, cumin, and chili powder.
Stir it up until everything is well combined and mixed together.
Heat for 90 seconds to 2 minutes in the microwave.
Sprinkle with cheese.
If you want to add additional toppings, here’s a few ideas:
- sour cream
- pickled jalapeno slices
- taco sauce
Eat it as is or serve over bread, tortilla chips, or pasta. You could even transfer your casserole to a flour tortilla and wrap it up like a burrito.
More One Bowl Dinners
- Single Serving Cheddar Broccoli Rice Casserole
- How to make One Bowl Hearty Smoky Bacon Chili
- Easy Enchilada Bowl in the Microwave
- Quick Microwave Beef Fajita Bowl
- How to make a Microwave Enchilada Casserole for One
- Quick and Easy Cheesy Spaghetti for One
- How to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup for One
- Microwave Lasagna for One
More TexMex Ideas
- Make a Microwave Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- How to Make Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice
- How to make 2 Ingredient Velveeta Rotel Queso Dip
- Microwave Refried Beans into Nachos
- How to make Frozen Tamales in the Microwave
- How to make a Dorito Casserole in the Microwave
One Bowl King Ranch Chicken
- 5 oz chicken
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cheese
- Tear the corn tortilla into small pieces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the tortilla pieces, salsa, alfredo sauce, chicken, cumin, and chili powder.
- Stir it up until everything is well combined and mixed together.
- Heat for 90 seconds to 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Loved this post? Follow along for more recipes at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!