This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is the perfect lunch for a cold busy day, and it’s just one serving! It’s creamy and filling, and you’ll just love it! Plus, it’s so quick and easy to make right in the microwave.
Ingredients to make Loaded Potato Soup
- chicken broth (water can be substituted)
- instant potato flakes
- half and half (milk can be substituted)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- bacon bits
- chopped green onions
How do you make Loaded Baked Potato Soup?
You can use a 16 oz mug or a cereal bowl, just make sure whichever you choose is microwave safe.
Heat the chicken broth in the bowl for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until boiling.
Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and mix in the potato flakes, garlic powder, and half and half using a fork, until they are smooth.
Heat for an additional 30 seconds, then stir.
Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits and chopped green onions.
The chicken broth does add heartiness to this dish, but if you don’t have any, plain water works just fine.
With this recipe, I’ve found that half and half makes it deliciously creamy, but if you don’t have it at home, milk will be good, too.
Variations to this Potato Soup
Swirl in a dollop of sour cream to finish of your loaded baked potato.
Turn your potato soup into a Bacon & Blue Cheese version by substituting blue cheese crumbles for the cheddar cheese.
Make a pesto version of this baked potato by skipping the cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions, and adding 2 teaspoons of basil pesto sauce and 2 teaspoons of shredded parmesan cheese.
Can you prepare this ahead of time?
I would recommend NOT to do this. It takes just 5 minutes to put together and cook.
More Microwave Potato Recipes
- How to make Microwave Potato Chips
- How to Make Au Gratin Potatoes in the Microwave
- The Secret to AMAZING Mashed Potatoes in the Microwave
- Microwave Baked Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes in the Microwave
- Sweet Potato in the Microwave
More One Bowl Recipes
- Quick Microwave Beef Fajita Bowl
- Microwave Lasagna for One
- Easy Enchilada Bowl in the Microwave
- Microwave Baked Ziti Pasta for One Serving
- Homemade Pizza in the Microwave
- How to make French Toast Casserole in a Mug
- Microwave Migas in a Mug
Single Serving Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup half and half (or milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the chicken broth in the bowl for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until boiling.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and mix in the potato flakes, garlic powder, and half and half using a fork, until they are smooth.
- Heat for an additional 30 seconds, then stir.
- Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits and chopped green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1062mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Loved this post? Follow along for more recipes at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!