Do you ever get a craving for some cheesy spaghetti but don’t want to go to all the trouble? Make this easy Cheesy Spaghetti for One in just a few minutes. You can cook a small amount of spaghetti in a bowl or mug the microwave in just 5 minutes!
Ingredients to make Single Serving Cheesy Spaghetti
2 oz uncooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta
2/3 cup water
2-3 frozen meatballs
1/3 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
How do you make a Single Serving of Cheesy Spaghetti
Use a microwave-safe bowl or 16 oz mug to make this meal.
Cook the meatballs in a microwave-safe dish for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set aside.
Break the spaghetti into thirds and place in the bowl or mug with the water. I like to add a few shakes of salt and a drizzle of olive oil to the water, but that is completely optional. I don’t always add it when I’m in a hurry, and it tastes good without it, too.
Cook the spaghetti for 2 minutes, give it a stir, then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Angel hair pasta cooks faster, so I like to make this dish with it. If you’re going to use angel hair, cook for 2 minutes just like the spaghetti, and then stir. But, for the second cook time, just cook for about 1 1/2 minutes and it should be done.
The water should be mostly gone by the time the spaghetti is ready. If not, drain it.
Smash the meatballs to break apart into small pieces.
Add sauce, ricotta, broken meatballs, and parmesan to the spaghetti and mix it up.
Add mozzarella cheese over the top.
Cook for an additional 30-45 seconds. Enjoy!
Noodles – You can sub your favorite pasta such as penne or rotini in place of the spaghetti. Cook time may be extended for those noodles, so you’ll need to check it often and add a little bit of water as needed.
Cheese – You can substitute cottage cheese or cream cheese for the ricotta cheese. You can substitute the same amount of cottage cheese for the ricotta cheese. For cream cheese, substitute 1/2 tablespoon of softened cream cheese for the 1 tablespoon of ricotta.
You can totally make this your own using your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Make it Vegan
Use plant-based meatballs and non-dairy mozzarella as well as mashed and drained soft tofu in place of the ricotta cheese. Skip the parmesan cheese.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Use frozen shredded chicken instead of meatballs and follow the rest of the recipe.
More Italian Recipes to Make in the Microwaveas
- Microwave Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Bake
- How to make 5-Minute Shrimp Pasta with Red Sauce
- 3-Ingredient Lazy Man Lasagna in the Microwave
- Garlic Butter Spaghetti in the Microwave
- Microwave Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna with Meat Sauce
More Meals for One
- Microwave Baked Ziti Pasta for One Serving
- How to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup for One
- Homemade Pizza in the Microwave
- Microwave Lasagna for One
- 2 oz uncooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup water
- 2-3 frozen meatballs
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook the meatballs in a microwave-safe dish for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set aside.
- Break the spaghetti into thirds and place in the bowl or mug with the water.
- Cook the spaghetti for 2 minutes, give it a stir, then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Smash the meatballs to break apart into small pieces.
- Add sauce, ricotta, broken meatballs, and parmesan to the spaghetti and mix it up.
- Add mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cook for an additional 30-45 seconds.
If using angel hair pasta instead of spaghetti, cook for 2 minutes, then stir and cook for an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 925Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1504mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 51g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.