Craving Mexican tonight? Whip up this simple Microwave Enchilada Casserole for just one in a mug or bowl! It’s full of flavor and takes just a minute to put together for a hearty meal.
Ingredients for the Enchilada Bowl Casserole for One
This recipe can be made with or without meat. I used chicken, but you can make it vegetarian without the meat and just use beans.
- 5 oz can chicken (You can also use frozen shredded chicken. Just warm it up first.)
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- corn tortillas (street taco size)
- Ranch Style beans
- shredded cheese
How do you make an Single Serving Enchilada Casserole
If you are making this in a mug, you’ll need to cut the tortillas into quarters. But, if you’re using a bowl, a street taco corn tortilla should fit perfectly in it without cutting.
Dip a tortilla into the enchilada sauce and let it drip off the excess.
Lay it in the bottom of the microwave-safe bowl or mug.
Next layer half of the ranch style beans.
Layer half the chicken over the beans.
Cover with cheese.
Then, we’ll begin again and layer another round just as before.
- dip tortilla
- add beans
- add chicken
If desired, you can dip one more tortilla and top the whole thing and then add a last layer of shredded cheese.
Spoon over a tablespoon or two of enchilada sauce.
Heat for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
Allow it to stand for about 1 minute before removing it from the microwave.
Serve and enjoy!
You can top your enchilada casserole with a few things:
- Sour cream and cilantro
- Sour cream and green onions
- sliced pickled jalapenos
Can you make this ahead of time?
I would not recommend it because corn tortillas fall apart, especially when wet. If you made it ahead of time, the tortillas would end up mush.
More Mexican Recipes
- How to make a Microwave Mexican Casserole
- How to make 2 Ingredient Velveeta Rotel Queso Dip
- How to make Frozen Tamales in the Microwave
- How to Make Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice
- Make a Microwave Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Microwave Refried Beans into Nachos
Single Serving Microwave Enchilada Casserole
- 5 oz canned chicken
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Ranch Style beans
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, colby, co-jack)
- If using a mug, cut the tortillas into 1/4 size.
- Dip a tortilla into the enchilada sauce and let it drip off the excess.
- Lay it in the bottom of the microwave-safe bowl or mug.
- Layer half of the ranch style beans.
- Layer half the chicken over the beans.
- Cover with cheese.
- Then, we'll begin again and layer another round just as before.
- If desired, you can dip one more tortilla and top the whole thing and then add a last layer of shredded cheese.
- Spoon over a tablespoon or two of enchilada sauce.
- Heat for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Allow it to stand for about 1 minute before removing it from the microwave.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 701Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 2849mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 12gSugar: 15gProtein: 54g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Loved this post? Follow along for more recipes at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!