Did you know you can make made from scratch Microwave Lasagna for One? There are lasagna noodles that don’t require cooking ahead of time. They’re called “Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles,” and they cook in the sauce while the lasagna is cooking. There are store brand versions, but I’ve found the best ones are the Barilla brand.
I’ve made a lot of lasagna in my time, and I’ve tried them all. Barilla is the only one that doesn’t taste chewy. You can actually make a single serving lasagna from scratch right in your microwave using these noodles.
How to Make Microwave Lasagna for One
Heat up 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce in the microwave for a minute or so. That’s about half of a regular size jar of spaghetti sauce in the stores. Then, if you have it, mix it with about 2 tablespoons of sour cream or ricotta cheese. It’s not dire that you go out and get these ingredients to do this, but it gives it a nice creamy flavor.
In a microwave-safe bowl start layering your lasagna for one. Begin with a couple of spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the bowl. Break a lasagna noodle in half and lay it down. Cover the noodle with sauce, and top that with some mozzarella cheese.
Next, do the same thing again with the second half of the noodle, then sauce, and cheese. Then, we will do this one more time with one more noodle. Just before microwaving, add a little extra sauce over the cheese at the top.
Microwave for about 2 minutes and check to make sure the noodles are soft with a fork. Microwave or an additional 1 minute if necessary as microwaves vary.
Once it’s ready to eat, I like to add mozzarella cheese on top before digging in.
More Microwave Pasta Recipes
If you like this recipe, you might love some of these, too:
- Microwave Meatballs in 5 minutes
- Angel Hair Pasta in the Microwave
- Microwave Mac and Cheese
- Garlic Butter Sauce in the Microwave
- The BEST Microwave Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
Microwave Lasagna for One
I'm not a big fan of frozen lasagna, but made from scratch lasagna can easily be made as one serving and cooked in the microwave! Come see how!
- 2 oven ready lasagna noodles (recommend Barilla brand)
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, or sour cream
- Combine the sauce and ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese or sour cream).
- In a microwave safe cereal bowl, add a couple tablespoons of sauce to the bottom of the bowl.
- Break the 2 noodles in half, so you have 4 pieces.
- Lay one piece down on the sauce.
- Cover the noodle with sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Top with the next noodle.
- Repeats steps 5 and 6 until the you have used all 4 noodles up.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.