Need a dip for the holiday party season? This Velveeta Rotel Queso Dip is the ultimate easy party dip! It takes just TWO INGREDIENTS and comes together in no time at all. My family has been making this dip since I was a little kid, and it’s always a hit whether it’s for a party, with dinner, or just snack time.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Velveeta Queso Dip
It’s really just two ingredients!
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 10 oz can Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
How To Make Rotel Dip
Cut the Velveeta cheese into small 1-inch cubes.
Place both the Velveeta cheese and the can of Ro*tel tomatoes into a microwave-safe bowl. Don’t drain the Ro*tel!
Microwave for five minutes.
Stir the mixture until smooth. If it appears the Velveeta is still not melted completely, microwave for an additional minute and stir again until the dip is smooth.
Serve with chips, veggies, whatever your family and friends enjoy.
Rotel Cheese Dip Variations
Your cheese dip doesn’t have to just be two ingredients. You can totally make it your own with all kinds of variations. Here’s a few ideas to add to the mix to make it even better:
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz refried beans
- 1/2 lb cooked ground sausage
- 1/2 lb cooked ground beef
- chopped green onions
- 6 oz shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cups drained and rinsed black beans
Velveeta Cheese – Pasteurized cheese like Velveeta makes this recipe oh so amazing. But, you don’t have to just use regular Velveeta or the store brand. You can use other varieties as well:
- Velveeta Queso Blano
- Velveeta Mexican – spicy
- Velveeta Sharp Cheddar
- Velveeta 2% Milk
- Velveeta Jalapeno Cheese – spicy
These all make queso rotel dip amazing. The Velveeta Mexican and Velveeta Jalapeno Cheese both add even more spiciness than the Ro*tel will add.
Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies – The most important thing is that you use Rotel UNDRAINED.
You can drain it, but the dip will be thicker. By leaving it undrained, it adds additional flavor and makes a perfectly creamy queso dip.
Plus, Ro*Tel has a few varities, all of which work great for this cheese dip, so choose your favorite:
- Chili Fixin’
How do you serve this Cheesy Velveeta Rotel Queso Dip?
Serve this cheesy queso dip with tortilla chips, raw veggies like celery or carrots. Or serve with soft pretzels such as carrots, celery, broccoli or cauliflower or even soft pretzels. It’s delicious as a topping for baked potatoes. My favorite way is a baked potato with chili and queso over the top. Yum!
Chopped green onion, diced tomatoes or fresh cilantro are perfect for garnishing the top of the queso when serving.
How do you keep Velveeta Queso creamy?
Make sure to stir it thoroughly so the Velveeta and Rotel are completely mixed together. This will make it creamy. Also, as it cools, it will thicken. If you feel like it’s not creamy enough, add 2-3 tablespoons of milk or half and half and stir until it’s mixed into the dip completely.
How long does Rotel cheese dip last and how do you store it?
When stored in an sealed container in the refrigerator, this dip lasts up to 3-4 days.
Can you freeze Rotel dip?
Yes, you can store it for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container. It will need to be completely cooled before freezing.
How do you reheat queso cheese dip?
Place the Velveeta Rotel Dip in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until it’s creamy, smooth and hot. Then, serve immediately.
Recipes to pair with Queso
- How to make a Dorito Casserole in the Microwave
- Microwave Refried Beans into Nachos
- How to make Frozen Tamales in the Microwave
- The EASIEST Beef Enchiladas in the Microwave
- How to Make Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice
- Microwave Baked Potatoes
- How to Make Overnight Enchiladas
- Microwave Chicken Tamale Casserole
- 10 oz Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, undrained
- 16 oz Velveeta, cubed
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into small 1-inch cubes.
- Place both the Velveeta cheese and the can of Ro*tel tomatoes into a microwave-safe bowl. Don't drain the Ro*tel!
- Microwave for five minutes.
- Stir the mixture until smooth. If it appears the Velveeta is still not melted completely, microwave for an additional minute and stir again until the dip is smooth.
- Serve with chips, veggies, whatever your family and friends enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.