One of my favorite things about colder weather is making soups and stews. This easy to make Microwave Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect for a cold day for lunch or dinner. This recipe will serve about 3-4.
Looking for a quick and delicious meal? Microwave chicken noodle soup is the perfect go-to option. From start to finish, you can have a comforting dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. It’s perfect to warm you up on any busy day.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Microwave Chicken Noodle Soup?
There’s a few ingredients you’ll need:
- egg noodles
- chicken broth
- canned chicken or chopped up microwave chicken breast
- canned diced carrots
- Optional: canned diced potatoes
How do you make Microwave Chicken Noodle Soup?
In a 1 1/2-qt microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken broth and the egg noodles.
Cook on HIGH in the microwave for 10 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
While the noodles are cooking, dump the canned chicken into a colander and wash it. You don’t have to do this, but I wash it to get that canned chicken smell off of it. You can also break up the chicken at the same time.
Once the noodles are tender, add the chicken and carrots to the dish and stir it up.
Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Can you make Microwave Chicken Noodle Soup ahead of time?
Yes! You can totally make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. I would recommend heating up each bowl of soup individually in the microwave as opposed to heating the entire container up.
You can also meal prep this recipe to take for lunch.
How do you store leftover Microwave Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup?
Keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Recipes to Pair with Microwave Chicken Noodle Soup
Need something to pair with your chicken noodle soup? Whip up one of these delicious side dishes:
- Cheesy Garlic Bread in a Mug
- How to Make Quick Microwave Cornbread
- Rolled Biscuits in the Microwave
- Simple Tomato Salad
More Microwave Soup Recipes
Looking for more soup recipes? Here’s more you can make in your microwave:
- Microwave One Bowl Creamy Tomato Soup
- Pasta Fagioli Soup in the Microwave
- How to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup for One
More Chicken Recipes
Want more chicken ideas for making in the microwave? Check out these recipes:
- Chicken Alfredo Mac and Cheese in the Microwave
- How to make One Bowl King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Make Microwave Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Chicken Fried Rice Casserole
- Make a Microwave Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Salsa Chicken in the Microwave
- The BEST Microwave Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 bag egg noodles
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 can diced potatoes
- 1 can sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken (12 oz can of chicken)
- In a 1 1/2-qt microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken broth and the egg noodles.
- Cook on HIGH in the microwave for 10 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
- While the noodles are cooking, dump the canned chicken into a colander and wash it. You don't have to do this, but I wash it to get that canned chicken smell off of it. You can also break up the chicken at the same time.
- Once the noodles are tender, add the chicken and carrots to the dish and stir it up.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.