If you love something like a french toast casserole or a cobblers, then you’ll probably love this Berry Peach Clafoutis. It’s simple to make, and is perfect for a single serving. It cooks up quick in the microwave.
The best part is that you can add any kind of berry (strawberry, blueberry, etc.) or stone fruit (peaches, apricots, cherries, etc.) to make this dessert.
What’s a Clafoutis?
A Clafoutis is a baked French dessert made with fruit, traditionally cherries that are covered with a thick flan-like batter. After it’s baked, the clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm, sometimes with cream.
What does a clafoutis taste like?
It’s kind of like a mixture of flan, a pancake and soufflé all in one. It has a delicious fruity flavor and isn’t overly sweet. The fruit melts in your mouth and the texture reminds of bread pudding or a baked french toast casserole.
Ingredients to make a single serving Clafoutis
- all purpose flour
- white sugar
- diced fruit (fresh, frozen dried, or canned)
- powdered sugar
How do you make a single serving Clafoutis?
In a microwave-safe bowl or mug, melt the butter for 15-30 seconds until it’s completely melted.
Stir in the butter, flour, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
Beat 1 egg. Add 2 tablespoons of the egg to the batter and mix until well combined. A large egg will be about 4 tablespoons worth of beaten egg, so you could make 2 single servings with 1 egg.
Add the fruit and mix it into the batter. I used a mixture of fresh raspberries and canned diced peaches.
Cook for 75-90 seconds until it puffs up and the center is set.
Remove from the microwave and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Allow it to cool before enjoying.
Can you make this ahead of time?
I would not recommend it. It’s best made when you’re ready to eat it.
More Microwave Desserts
- How to make Banana Mocha Pudding Mug Cake
- Microwave Fried Cheesecake Chimichanga
- No Bake Biscoff Cookie Butter Cookies from the Microwave
- Microwave Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- 2-ingredient OREO Cake
- Unicorn Mug Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 /4 cup diced fruit (peaches, berries, cherries, plums, etc.)
- Heat butter 15-30 seconds until completely melted.
- Stir in the butter, flour, sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Beat 1 egg and take 2 tablespoons of it and mix into the batter.
- Add the diced fruit and mix it up.
- Heat in the microwave for 75 to 90 seconds until it's puffed in the middle and the center is set.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Can be served lukewarm.
1 large egg will have about 4 tablespoons of egg. You can use 1 large egg to make 2 servings of this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 733Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 144gFiber: 14gSugar: 94gProtein: 12g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.