Banana and chocolate go together as good as peanut butter and jelly, which is why this Banana Mocha Pudding Mug Cake is out of this world amazing! Plus, it’s so easy to make right in your microwave!
Ingredients for Banana Mocha Pudding Cake
- unsweetened cocoa
- white sugar
- an egg
- a banana
- instant coffee granules
- optional: chocolate chips
How do you make this pudding cake?
This is one of those recipes that you can just throw together and mix up and then cook in the microwave. Then…Voila! You have a delicious banana-chocolate cake you can’t wait to sink your teeth into.
First mash up a banana in a separate bowl. A ripe banana works best, but if it’s still a little green, it’s okay, too. I just mash and mash when it’s still a little unripen and that brings out the sugars and flavors.
Combine the cocoa, sugar, coffee, and salt and mix it up in the mug.
Add the egg and banana and mix it up really well. Make sure you don’t leave any dry ingredients at the bottom unmixed.
If you want, you can sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the cake. This adds another level richness for even more chocolate goodness. This step is completely optional.
Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds, until the cake is puffed up and the middle looks cooked.
Remove it from the microwave.
You can eat it directly from the mug or serve is on a plate. To serve it on a plate, I slide a knife all around the sides and then place the saucer on top of the mug and flip it over. Then, I give it a good hard shake to release the bottom of the cake.
Toppings for your Banana Mocha Cake
This cake is pretty rich, especially if you add chocolate chips. But, if you want to top it with something, I’d recommend a few options:
- a dollop of whipped cream – either fresh or right out of the can
- a spoonful of Nutella
- a spoonful of peanut butter – chocolate, banana, and peanut butter is a delicious combo!
- a drizzle of chocolate syrup
- a drizzle of chocolate fudge
- a scoop of ice cream
More Mug Recipes
- 3 2 1 Microwave Mug Cake Mix
- How to make Brownie Batter Dip for One
- Unicorn Mug Cake
- No Egg Chocolate Mug Cake for Two
More Chocolate Recipes
- More than 20 Chocolate Dipped Desserts and Treats
- How to make a Microwave Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Patch OREO Cookies
- Making Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3 Ingredient Hot Cocoa in the Microwave – Made from Scratch
Banana Mocha Pudding Cake
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 egg
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
Mash the banana.
Combine the sugar, coffee, unsweetened cocoa, and salt in the mug.
Add the banana and egg and mix thoroughly.
Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds, until the center is done and the cake has puffed up.
You can leave out the instant coffee, if desired. It just adds a richness to the flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 29gProtein: 10g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Loved this post? Follow along for more recipes at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!