Cookies have been a struggle to get right in the microwave. Today I’m bringing you microwave chocolate chip cookie bars that take just a few minutes and taste delicious, too. This post contains affiliate links.
Believe it or not, I have been working on trying to get microwave chocolate chip cookies to actually come out, apart from a typical mug cake version. They always tend to make a gooey mess until I tried a bar version.
Your favorite cookie dough. I found refrigerated cookie dough works great!
You’ll also want a microwave-safe 8 x 8 dish.
After making your favorite cookie dough make sure to chill it for at least an hour or so.
If you’re using refrigerated cookie dough, take it out the fridge right when you’re ready to microwave it.
Spray the baking dish with non-stick olive oil spray.
Press cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. I put enough to fill the entire pan halfway up the sides.
Heat on HIGH for 6-7 minutes. The cookie will start to rise and puff up.
Check to make sure the top of the cookie dough looks done. If it still looks like wet raw dough, continue cooking for 2 minutes at a time, checking each time.
When the cookie dough looks like it’s been cooked, remove from the microwave and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Use a spatula or sharp knife to go around the edges. Cut the cookie into squares and remove from the pan.
Eat immediately while still warm.
Turn your Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars into a Microwave Pizookie!
Instead of cutting the giant cookie into bars, just add 1-2 scoops of ice in the center with a drizzle of hot fudge, caramel, and whipped cream and enjoy with a spoon for each of you!
Microwave baking tends to harden over time. So, I would not make these more than hour or so before you’re going to serve them. They are best served warm.
I find if you are using the premade refrigerated cookie dough, they do stay softer longer than homemade dough.
Store in a sealed container for a couple of days such as a ziplock bag.
More Microwave Dessert Recipes
- How to Make Microwave Monkey Bread
- How to make Cupcakes in the Microwave
- How to Make Microwave Chocolate Cracker Toffee
- Banana Bread in a Mug
- Chocolate Mug Cake for Two
Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough - even refrigerated cookie dough!
- Spray non-stick oil spray in an 8 x 8 pan,
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8 x 8 pan. Fill it up to halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Cook on HIGH in the microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- Check to make sure the cookie dough on top looks done and not raw.
- If it's raw, continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes, checking after each 1-2 minutes, until it looks like the cookie is done.
- Remove from microwave.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife or spatula to go around the edges.
- Cut into 6 bars and remove from the pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Loved this post? Follow along for more recipes at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!