Garlic Butter Spaghetti is one of the simplest things to make, and it’s so satisfying to eat. And, the best part? You can totally make it completely in the microwave!
Now I love this garlic butter sauce on so many things. It works as a pizza dipping sauce, especially for stuffed crust pizza, as well as for shrimp or steak. I love it with grilled shrimp and veggies. It’s such a versatile dipping sauce.
What’s my secret ingredient to Amazing Garlic Butter Sauce?
It took some experimenting in the beginning, but this is now my famous recipe for garlic butter sauce and has been for years. It’s so simple to make. And, it has a secret ingredient that makes it just pop.
It’s parmesan cheese! It just adds a little kick to the flavor that will take your garlic butter sauce to amazing.
My favorite way to use this sauce is definitely on pasta. Garlic Butter Spaghetti is one of my go-to comfort foods to make for my kids when they’re sick.
How do you make Garlic Butter Spaghetti in the Microwave?
This pasta recipe is usually what I make when making this garlic butter sauce. It pairs perfectly.
Then, I just mix in the garlic butter sauce after draining the pasta.
How do you make Garlic Butter Sauce in the Microwave?
Typically I use 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil for my Garlic Butter Sauce. But, I have found that if you are out of butter or avoid using it, you can substitute 4 tablespoons of olive oil and it still tastes pretty darn good.
As you’re heating it in the microwave, make sure you check and stir every 30 seconds because the garlic and parmesan cheese will have a tendency to get stuck together in a clump if you just cook it without stirring. When that happens, it’s hard to get it to disperse through the noodles.
More Italian Food recipes
Looking for other Italian meals you can make in the microwave? Check these out:
- Microwave Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Microwave Meatballs in 5 minutes
- 3-Ingredient Lazy Man Lasagna in the Microwave
- Angel Hair Pasta in the Microwave
- Simple Tomato Salad
- Microwave Baked Ziti Pasta
- Microwave Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna with Meat Sauce
Garlic Butter Sauce is an easy and quick sauce to make in the microwave to toss with any kind of pasta.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: dash of parsley
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Heat for 30 seconds at a time and stir.
- Keep heating for 30 second increments until the butter is completely melted.
- Once completely melted, stir well to combine.
- Toss with favorite type of pasta.
If you are out of butter, you can change this up so that you use 4 tablespoons of olive oil and no butter.
Or, if you don't have olive oil, you can just leave it off the recipe.