Do you ever wonder how people survived without a microwave? Even now, I wonder how people don’t use a microwave all the time. Who doesn’t want a delicious meal like this Shrimp Pasta with Red Sauce ready in just 5 minutes?
My microwave has been such a huge time saver when making meals. Just today I pulled a pot pie out of the freezer for my daughter and the choices were 6 1/2 minutes in the microwave or an hour in the oven. Who has time to wait an hour?
What kind of pasta do you use to make Shrimp Pasta with Red Sauce in the Microwave?
You won’t believe how easy this is. I take a shortcut by using the Barilla brand Ready Pasta. It’s partially cooked pasta that is done in 60 seconds in the microwave. Just a minute!
They have different shapes like elbow and penne and a few others. You can pick any of them you like for this dish. I tend to like the twirly one called gemelli.
How do you make 5-minute Shrimp Pasta with Red Sauce?
This recipe is for about two people. You can easily double it and make it for a family of four.
In a microwave-safe dish combine butter and minced garlic and heat it for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until it’s completely melted.
I like to buy the precooked frozen shrimp that is already deveined. For two people, I use about 18 shrimp, and microwave for 2 minutes. Toss them in the butter sauce and then set them into another bowl and drain the butter.
Heat the pasta per the instructions. Then, pour the pasta into the now empty dish, and add about a cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce to the pasta.
Add the shrimp back to the dish and toss everything together. Plate it up and sprinkle some fresh Parmesan and parsley before serving.
More Microwave Dinner Ideas
- Garlic Butter Sauce in the Microwave
- Microwave Baked Ziti Pasta for One Serving
- Simple Tomato Salad
- Microwave Meatballs in 5 minutes
- Microwave Meatloaf
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 18 small precooked, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley
- In a microwave-safe dish combine butter and minced garlic and heat it for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until it’s completely melted.
- Add about 18 small precooked frozen shrimp that are already deveined and microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp in the butter sauce and then move them to another bowl and drain the butter.
- Make the Barilla Ready Pasta according to instructions.
- Pour the pasta into the now empty dish.
- Add about a cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce to the pasta.
- Then, add the shrimp back to the dish and toss the pasta and shrimp in the sauce.
- Plate it up and sprinkle some fresh Parmesan and parsley before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 761Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 2125mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 8gSugar: 20gProtein: 19g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.