Need a tasty side dish that’s healthy and goes together quickly? Try these orange glazed carrots in the microwave! This post contains affiliate links.
Recipes to Pair with Orange Glazed Carrots in the Microwave
Need a main dish to go with this one? Check out a few of these:
- Microwave Meatloaf
- How to Cook Chicken Breast in the Microwave
- The BEST Microwave Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
- Microwave Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
What ingredients do you need to make Orange Glazed Carrots in the Microwave?
- baby carrots
- orange juice
- white sugar
- minced parsley
How do you make Orange Glazed Carrots in the Microwave?
Mix the sugar, salt, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of orange juice in a small bowl.
Place the carrots and the rest of the orange juice in a 1.5-qt microwavable casserole dish.
Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes. This cooking time will make them crisp tender, but if you prefer softer carrots cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Toss the cooked carrots with the cornstarch and sugar mixture and return to them to the microwave.
Cook UNCOVERED for an additional 2-3 minutes. Stir them halfway through the cooking time.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Add minced parsley before serving.
Can you make these Orange Glazed Carrots in the Microwave ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can make them up a day ahead of time. Just keep them covered in the fridge. Then, reheat the carrot sin the microwave for 3-4 minutes when ready to serve.
How do you store leftover Orange Glazed Carrots?
Keep them in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat servings individually in the microwave.
What substitutions can I use for these Orange Glazed Carrots?
Baby Carrots – You can use regular-sized carrots and just cut them into coins or julienne them. You could also use a bag of frozen carrots instead of fresh carrots.
White Sugar – You can switch out the white sugar and use honey or brown sugar in the same amount.
Parsley – You can leave this out completely if desired.
More Microwave Side Dishes
- How to make Microwave Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- How to Make Au Gratin Potatoes in the Microwave
- Microwave Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Homemade Microwave Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- The Secret to AMAZING Mashed Potatoes in the Microwave
- How to make Fresh Corn in the Microwave
- 3 cups baby carrots (or peeled and sliced or julienned)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix sugar, salt, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of orange juice in a small bowl.
- Place the carrots and the rest of the orange juice in a 1.5-qt microwavable casserole dish.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes,
- Toss the cooked carrots with the cornstarch mixture and return to microwave.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 2-3 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Let the carrots stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.