I just love fresh corn. Did you know you can make fresh corn in the microwave still in the husk? It’s so easy to do!
This is a perfect side dish for so many things from burgers to chicken and more!
What ingredients do you need to make fresh corn in the microwave?
You basically just need one ingredient – corn!
But, you could also use some butter, salt, and pepper for taste.
How do you make fresh corn in the microwave?
This is so easy, you won’t believe you’ve never done this before! Wash the outside of the corn and pat it dry.
Place it on a microwave-safe plate and cook on HIGH for 4 minutes. Now…I have a 1500-watt microwave, so with a microwave with less power you may need a longer time. (You can get my Microwave Conversion Chart up above at the very top of this blog!)
When it’s done, remove the corn from the microwave. Be careful, it will be hot!
Cut the ends off and remove the husks.
Then, top with butter, salt and pepper, as desired!
Now you’re ready to dig into a fresh ear of corn!
Recipes to Pair with Fresh Corn
- Cook a Hamburger in the Microwave
- Microwave Meatloaf
- The BEST Microwave Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
- Easy Homemade Microwave Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
More Side Dish Recipes
- How to Make Au Gratin Potatoes in the Microwave
- Microwave Green Bean Casserole
- How to Make Quick Microwave Cornbread
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes in the Microwave
- 2 ears of corn, still in husks
- Wash the outside of the corn and pat it dry.
- Place it on a microwave-safe plate and cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- When it's done, remove the corn from the microwave. Be careful, it will be hot!
- Cut the ends off and remove the husks.
- Then, top with butter, salt and pepper, as desired!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.