You might already know this, but I have another blog I’ve worked on for nearly 13 years now. It’s a family lifestyle blog called The TipToe Fairy I share all kinds of things over there from foods to crafts, movies, and more.
I’d love for you to come visit! You can find many of the same recipes I share here in larger batches for big families.
Several years ago I shared a recipe over at The TipToe Fairy for making meatballs in the microwave. To this day, I still make my meatballs in the microwave when I don’t have time to bake them. And, my family can’t tell either way!
Today I’m sharing a very cut down version of this same recipe when you just need a single serving or two instead of enough to feed a big family of 6.
I recommend buying a 1-lb tube of hamburger meat and then cutting it in half and separating each half into a separate freezer bag.
Take one of the halves and mix it with the other ingredients in a bowl. There should be enough to make 2-4 meatballs, just hand roll them. I prefer to make two big meatballs.
Rinse out the bowl and place them back in it and microwave for 3 minutes. Check them and microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
If you have a meat thermometer, check that the internal temperature is over 165 F degrees. If you don’t, just cut them in half and make sure all the pinkness is gone.
Then, spoon over a little bit of sauce and set aside while you make the pasta.
Have you ever made pasta in the microwave? Follow this pasta recipe to make your pasta in the microwave in less than 10 minutes, and your entire meal is ready!
This is an old recipe I've made for many years. I've cut the ingredients down so you can make this easily for just 1-2 servings.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 8 Ritz crackers
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- dash of salt
- Optional: 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Spray a microwave-safe bowl with non-stick spray.
- In another bowl, crush the crackers and add milk. Let it sit and soak for a minute while gathering the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the beef and the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Form 2-5 meatballs.
- Place them in the bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- If you can, check internal temperature of a larger meatball and look for pinkness of meat. Internal temperature should be at least 165 F degrees. If it’s lower and you still see pinkness cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. If you don't have a thermometer, slice a meatball open and make sure all the pinkness is gone.
- Once they are done, spoon some spaghetti sauce or crushed tomatoes over the top of the meatballs.
- Prepare your pasta.
- Spoon the meatballs and sauce over the pasta and serve immediately.
I love using Worcestershire sauce on beef. It really brings out the hearty flavor of the meat. But, this is an ingredient that most people who are just cooking with a microwave don't have. So, it's not a huge issue if you don't use it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 363mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 33g