Fried Rice is one of my favorite things to eat. I usually make it on the stove in a skillet, but I got sick of the eggs and rice sticking in the skillet. So, I decided to work some magic in the microwave.
This tastes like the real deal from a Chinese restaurant. I have some taste testers at home, and this stuff passed the muster with all of them. It’s kid approved, teen approved, and even grown man approved.
What kind of rice do you use for Microwave Fried Rice?
You can make so many yummy rice dishes by using the ready-made rices that you just heat in the microwave like Minute Rice’s Ready Rice or Uncle Bean’s 90 second rice.
For this particular recipe, I like to use plain white rice or jasmine rice and then I flavor it with teriyaki sauce.
How do you make Fried Rice in the Microwave?
This will take you about five minutes to put together. Start off with making a one-egg version of my Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave. The only difference is I add a teaspoon of oil to the egg mixture before cooking it in the microwave. Then, I break it up into smaller pieces.
I like to keep frozen veggies on hand for microwaving for all kinds of things. I like to make my Microwave Fried Rice with peas and carrots. But, if you don’t like veggies, you can totally leave out the veggies, and it will still taste great. Or, you can add other veggies like a stir fry blend.
I just take about a 1/4 cup of the peas and carrots, add just a tablespoon of water, and cook it for about a minute in the microwave.
That’s all it takes before it’s ready to mix it all up. I use a cereal-size microwave-safe bowl and add the rice, veggies, and eggs with another tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and some salt and pepper. Then, I heat it up for another minute.
More Microwave Recipes
- Microwave Lasagna for One
- Microwave Meatballs in 5 minutes
- Garlic Butter Sauce in the Microwave
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 cup of Minute Ready Rice
- 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil and milk to an egg in a mug. Beat the mixture until combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Break up the egg into small pieces.
- Add just a little bit of water to the peas and carrots
- Cook the peas and carrots for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of teriyaki poured over the Ready Rice.
- Heat the Ready Rice for 1 minute.
- Combine rice, veggies, and egg and mixture it all up.
- Add the second tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and salt and pepper.
- Heat for an additional minute.
- Eat immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1783mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.