I’m sure you’ve been to Chipotle or Freebirds and had a burrito or burrito bowl. A burrito bowl is a quick meal you can make single serving in no time at all. Or, you can make multiple burrito bowl meals in assembly-line style for lunches for the whole week.
After checking the prices at those restaurants, we started making them at home for some money-saving meals.
My college kid makes these meals all the time as a single serving. Everything is heated in the microwave and then piled together in a bowl for maximum deliciousness.
- She uses the Minute Rice Ready Rice cups and heats up one.
- Then heats up a few frozen veggies and frozen precooked chicken strips together.
- She then heats up a can of black beans or pinto beans.
After that, it’s time to put it all together. Add all these hot ingredients in layers:
- beans – pinto beans or black beans
- rice – minute rice ready rice
- precooked frozen grilled chicken strips
- veggies – frozen onions/peppers
Next, add the cold ingredients:
- sliced avocado or guacamole
- cheese (my fave)
Then, add some seasonings if you have them:
- dried roasted garlic (so wonderful on a burrito bowl)
Voila! Dinner is ready in no time at all. You’ve got a delicious meal, and your roommates are going to be totally jealous.