Yes you can! Did you know you can microwave canned frosting to pour over a cake? It makes frosting a cake so quick and easy! This post contains affiliate links.
What do you need to Microwave Canned Frosting?
- canned frosting
How do you Microwave Canned Frosting?
You can use any type canned frosting. The manufacturers give instructions on their websites that say to remove the frosting from the container before microwaving. However, I’ve never done that. I always keep it in the container.
I do remove the foil seal completely from the packaging and remove the lid before microwaving.
Then, I heat the frosting for 30 seconds and remove it from the microwave and stir it up. Then, I put it back in the microwave and cook in 20-second increments until the frosting is runny. Then, I stir it up until it’s nice and smooth.
Make sure to microwave it in short bursts for the best results to make it ready to pour over the cake.
Once it’s ready, then set up your cake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Begin pouring the frosting all over the cake.
Make sure you get the edges so it will run down each side.
Once the frosting has covered the cake, if you’re going to add sprinkles to the frosting, do it now, before the frosting cools.
Then, let it sit for awhile until the frosting is no longer warm. It will cool and slightly harden. If you want it to cool faster, then pop it in the fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes.
What can you use microwave frosting on?
Besides cakes, you can also use microwave frosting on other things. Here’s how I’ve used it:
- glaze donuts
- dip the tops of cookies for frosted cookies
- dip the tops of cupcakes for frosted cupcakes
- use it to pour over petit fours
Microwave Cake Recipes
- How to Make a Microwave Cake
- How to make Cupcakes in the Microwave
- How to make a 2 Ingredient OREO Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the Microwave
- Microwave Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- 1 can frosting
- Remove the lid and foil seal.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then remove it and stir.
- Heat for 20-second increments, stirring after each time, until the frosting is runny and ready to pour.
- Pour over the cake.
- Allow to cool before serving cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.