Sometimes you just get a craving for chocolate, and isn’t it nice when you can make something chocolaty and delicious in just a few minutes? This 3- Minute Microwave Fudge will satisfy those cravings. This post contains affiliate links.
Plus, it makes a great gift during the holiday season. People just love when you hand them a gift full of yummy treats.
FREE Holiday Gift Tags
You don’t need fancy containers for gift giving. You can easily package up this fudge in wax paper with some string and these free holiday tags.
What do you need to make 3 Minute Microwave Fudge?
This fudge is easy to make. You just need chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and some butter.
Make sure you use sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk. Evaporated milk does not work in this recipe.
You can actually switch out the chocolate chips for other baking chips to have a variety of fudge flavors like butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, dark chocolate chips, even mint chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
How do you make 3 Minute Microwave Fudge?
When the fudge is ready to set, you need to work fast. So you want everything to be ready. This batch will make two loaf-size pans. Cover the bottom and sides of each loaf pan with foil, so you can easily lift the fudge out after it’s set.
Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for one-minute intervals. If you don’t trust your microwave, then try 30-second intervals.
After each time, mix up the fudge to prevent the chocolate from getting too hot. By 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, the mixture should be smooth with the chocolate completely melted.
Now you need to work fast. Have the butter ready and cubed into smaller pieces so it will melt quickly. Add the vanilla and butter and stir until they are completely incorporated.
Then, it’s time to pour into the loaf pans. Divide the fudge evenly and pour into the pans. Allow it to set for 1 to 2 hours. If you want to speed up that time, put it in the fridge.
Can you add mixins to the fudge?
When you add the butter and vanilla, you can definitely add some mixins. Here’s a few ideas:
- chopped nuts
- crushed OREOs
- crushed peppermints
- mini marshmallows and chopped almonds (Rocky Road Fudge)
- chocolate chips
Can you add toppings to the fudge?
Absolutely! Have your toppings prepared before you make the fudge because you will need to add the toppings as soon as you pour the fudge into the pans.
Here’s a few topping ideas:
- pecan walnut halves
- chopped nuts
- crushed peppermints
- crushed Butterfingers
- melted peanut butter drizzle
How do you make the Fudge into Gifts?
This is the fun part. I love packaging up homemade gifts. You can give the whole loaf away, or you can cut it into slices or cubes for gift giving. Most of the time I give my fudge in disposable loaf pans and don’t cut it at all or I cut it into bite-sized cubes if I’m just giving small gifts.
You can get pretty packaging or treat bags at the dollar stores. When I’m short on supplies, wax paper or even a mason jar is my go-to packaging tied with baking twine
I buy a big package of these tins and can use them for fudge, cookies, and so many other treats for gift giving.
Make sure you grab the free holiday tags at the top of the post to add to your gift!
More Microwave Dessert Gift Ideas
- How to make No Bake OREO Cookie Marshmallow Bars
- How to make a Microwave Chocolate Cream Pie
- More than 20 Chocolate Dipped Desserts and Treats
- Upside Down Pumpkin Pie in the Microwave
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Microwave Pecan Pralines
- Make a Microwave Cake
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 bags of 12 oz chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Prepare and cover two loaf pans pans with foil so you can easily lift the fudge out after it's hardened.
- Spray the foil with non-stick spray.
- Use a microwave-safe bowl and combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- Heat in 60-second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth and completely mixed with the sweetened condensed milk. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add the butter and vanilla and stir until completely mixed.
- Add mixins like nuts and stir.
- Pour half the fudge into each loaf pan.
- Add toppings immediately.
- Let it set for 1-2 hours or so. You can speed up the time to set by putting it in the fridge.
- Cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.