I have never been a big fan of Chipotle. I know people just love it, but it’s too dang spicy for me. I do love going to Freebirds and getting a burrito or a burrito bowl, but it gets so expensive.
One of the easiest meals you can make with ingredients only cooked in the microwave is a big ol’ burrito.
Make Your Steak Burritos
- I start with Knorr’s Mexican or Taco flavor rice. It cooks in the microwave for about 10 minutes with 2 cups of water.
- If you like veggies in your burrito, you can also steam some frozen veggies like peppers and onions in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes.
- Then, heat the beans for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Next, heat up the frozen precooked steak for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, heat up the large size tortillas for 1 minute.
- Then, pull out cheese and salsa from the fridge and slice an avocado (or pull out guacamole from the fridge) while all that is cooking.
- To make them ahead lay out 5 sheets of foil and put a tortilla on each one. Then, just start layering ingredients til they are ready to be rolled up.
There is no wrong way to layer a burrito. I find starting with rice or beans gives it more stability, but you can do whatever you want.
If you are in a dorm room or a hotel kitchenette and you are short on bowls, I recommend just using one bowl to heat everything in order. So you would do this:
First heat your tortillas and then lay 5 of them out on 5 pieces of foil. Then, cook the rice for 10 minutes and then use it all up as the first layer in all 5 burritos. Clean the bowl and pour in the canned beans and heat for 2 minutes. Then, layer the beans on all the burritos. Lastly, clean the bowl a last time and heat up the frozen fajita steak for 2 minutes and layer it. Then, everything else is straight from the fridge – cheese, avocado, salsa, etc. Layer those assembly line style and wrap up all the burritos.
Favorite Steak Burrito Ingredients
- Frozen Veggies
- Avocado / Guacamole
- Dried Mince Roasted Garlic
You can add so many other ingredients like onions, cut tomatoes, and corn according to what you like.
How to Fold a Giant Burrito
Once you pile all your ingredients, you’ll wonder if you can fit it all in the tortilla. Surprisingly, you can fit a lot more than you think. I grab the two sides and bring them together and roll the tortilla back and forth to pile all the ingredients together even more, then fold those sides together and they create the top and bottom. Next, fold the front and back sides together. Then, lay it with the closed seam down and roll into a piece of foil.
You can make your burritos assembly line style, so that you have 4-5 done at once.
Skip Chipotle and make your own easy steak burrito. I love making this meal because you can make 4-5 meals at the same time and freeze or refrigerate them for the rest of the week. There are so many ways to make these burritos. You can even heat up frozen veggies like peppers, onions, corn, and more.
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 766mg Carbohydrates: 77g Fiber: 17g Sugar: 2g Protein: 30g
Skip Chipotle and make your own easy steak burrito. I love making this meal because you can make 4-5 meals at the same time and freeze or refrigerate them for the rest of the week.
There are so many ways to make these burritos. You can even heat up frozen veggies like peppers, onions, corn, and more.