Who doesn’t love tacos? You can make beef tacos in the microwave and have your own Taco Tuesday! This post contains affiliate links.
You can make all the ingredients right in the microwave along with heating up the taco shells or tortillas right in the microwave. You won’t believe how easy it is to make taco meat right in the microwave. It makes Taco Tuesday a lot cheaper than getting takeout.
What do you need to cook beef tacos in the microwave?
You’ll need ground beef and a microwave-safe dish. You’ll also need taco shells or tortillas.
You’ll need all the toppings you want, but those don’t need to be made in the microwave — lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.
I’m a picky eater, so eat my tacos with meat and cheese only and occasionally sliced avocado. But…my husband and son love their tacos with as much as they can stuff in them.
I also recommend a meat thermometer any time you are cooking meat. E.Coli is killed at 160 F degrees, and ground beef is best cooked to 165 F degrees. I always check any meat I’m cooking to make sure it has reached the right temperature.
How do you cook taco meat in the microwave?
Crumble up the raw ground beef into small pieces evenly in the dish. Microwave on high for 30-second to 1-minute increments.
I have a 1500-watt microwave and prefer to cook it at 1-minute increments myself. I found when cooking at 30-second increments, there wasn’t much of a cooking process each time.
After each minute, use a fork and break up the meat smaller and smaller.
Continue cooking until there is no longer any pink, and it’s all brown. This took me about 3 minutes for the meat to completely turn brown and the temperature to reach 165 F degrees.
Once the meat is cooked, drain the fat and mix in 1/2 a package of taco seasoning. Add about two tablespoons of water and mix it all up. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, and then fix your tacos.
Dishes to go with Beef Tacos in the Microwave
- How to make Too Easy Tamale Dip in the Microwave
- Microwave Refried Beans
- Chili Con Carne Cheese Enchiladas in the Microwave
- The EASIEST Beef Enchiladas in the Microwave
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 package of taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- taco shells or tortillas
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- shredded cheese
- Crumble up the raw ground beef into small pieces evenly in the dish. Microwave on high for 30-second to 1-minute increments.
- After each minute, use a fork and break up the meat smaller and smaller.
- Continue cooking until there is no longer any pink, and it’s all brown. Check the temperature to be at least 165 F degrees.
- Once the meat is cooked, drain the fat and mix in 1/2 a package of taco seasoning. Add about two tablespoons of water and mix it all up.
- Cook for an additional 30 seconds, and then fix your tacos.
You can substitute ground turkey, chicken, or other ground meat for the ground beef.
Serving Size:2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 574mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 39g
Any nutritional information on justmicrowaveit.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.